GLUTEN FREE (via ELISA) and BANNED SUBSTANCES-FREE (BSCG) TESTED, EVERY batch, POST-manufacture.
VITARGO POST IS MANUFACTURED IN A USA-BASED, cGMP CERTIFIED/AUDITED FACILITY
PATENTED IVg TECHNOLOGY™
Vitargo POST. Recovery refueled with the speed of the Fastest Muscle Fuel™. Proof Before Promises®
Recovery…Redefined Recovery. The ‘R’ word. Thrown and kicked around like a ball. With intense training or athletic competition two key metabolic demands are created: replace fuel and provide amino acids/protein. Intense muscular work-the intensity that elevates performance and/or increases muscle mass-almost always relies upon carbohydrate as the primary fuel. Amino acids-the full spectrum of all of the essential aminos, not just branched chain aminos-are obligatory components that feed the anabolic response in muscle-for both muscle contracting proteins (strength) and muscle enzymes (endurance). Vitargo® POST™ harnesses the Same Day Recovery™ muscle refueling dominance of patented, sugar-free, and university validated Vitargo and couples it to an enzyme hydrolyzed whey protein, delivering a nearly bloat-free solution to POST-training, POST-race, and POST-competition nutrition.
Muscle glycogen refueling, unparalleled – Vitargo taken after glycogen depleting exercise showed 1.7x higher/faster muscle carbohydrate replacement just 2 hours later, compared to the fastest generic carb, maltodextrin-muscle biopsy validated.1
Same Day Recovery™-Train to exhaustion. Take Vitargo. Wait two hours. Go back and do an all out, 15-minute maximum effort workout. If you refueled with Vitargo you could have laid down up to 23% more muscular work (average of 10% greater) compared to maltodextrin.2
Muscle protein needs matched-Why just 20 grams of protein? Several studies in resistance-trained athletes have revealed that taking in more than 20 grams of protein (including whey protein) post-training delivers no greater muscle protein anabolic response.4-6 If your body weight is up to approximately 187 lb/85 kg any additional protein intake is used as an energy source and lost in the urine. Endurance athletes may have slightly lower protein needs. Why waste your most expensive macronutrient?
Protein does not boost recovery performance-Train to exhaustion. Take Vitargo one time, and Vitargo + whey protein a different time, same workout. Wait two hours. Go back and do an all out, 15-minute maximum effort workout. In this preliminary study adding whey protein did not boost recovery performance over Vitargo alone.3 Athletes do not recover on protein alone.
USING Vitargo POST (It’s EASY to mix!)
In a shaker bottle-Add 14-16 oz. of cold water to a large shaker bottle. Add 2 and a third scoops of Vitargo® POST and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds. Drink-don’t sip!
In a blender-Add 14-16 oz. of cold water to a blender container. For best results add 2 and a third scoops into a blender after water has been added, while it’s blending at low-medium. Add a few pieces of ice, if desired, and blend at high speed for 10-15 seconds.
Vitargo POST is designed for just that-post-training, post-competition, post-race, post-exhaustion. You can also use up to THREE full scoops (if you weigh more than 187 lb/85 kg), or add more protein powder and/or Vitargo S2™ (our patented, university validated carb alone), to boost the protein and carb content, respectively (if you weigh 187 lb/85 kg university, research indicates that protein doses more than 20 grams, at one time, are wasted. See REFERENCES 4-6). Also, feel free to add your favorite amino acids/creatine, electrolytes, or other non-carb supplements. If you are performing multiple training sessions, races, or competitions in the same day you can also use Vitargo POST as an acute substitute for protein and carb calories-and enjoy super digestibility and re-fueling recovery.
IF YOU DON’T TRAIN, YOU’RE NOT READY FOR VITARGO®.
1. Aulin KP, et al. Muscle glycogen resynthesis rate in humans after supplementation of drinks containing carbohydrates with low and high molecular masses. Eur J Appl Physiol 2000; 81:346-51.
2. Stephens FB, et al. Post-exercise ingestion of a unique, high molecular weight glucose polymer solution improves performance during a subsequent bout of cycling exercise. J Sports Sci 2008; 26:149-54.
3. La Bounty P, et al. The effects of a starch based carbohydrate alone or in combination with whey protein on a subsequent bout of exercise performance – preliminary findings. J Int Soc Sport Nutr 2009, 6(Suppl 1):P13.
4. Moore DR, et al. Ingested protein dose response of muscle and albumin protein synthesis after resistance exercise in young men. Am J Clin Nutr 2009;89:161-8.
5. Areta JL, et al. Timing and distribution of protein ingestion during prolonged recovery from resistance exercise alters myofibrillar protein synthesis. J Physiol2013;591:2319-31.
6. Witard O, et al. Myofibrillar muscle protein synthesis rates subsequent to a meal in response to increasing doses of whey protein at rest and after resistance exercise.Am J Clin Nutr 2014;99:86-95.